[bksvol-discuss] Re: suggestions for books searches at BS?

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 18:21:50 -0800 (PST)

But searching shouldn't be so difficult. It seems to
me it was easier before the site started getting
upgrades. Then books started disappearing from some
ways of searching and one had to try all the different
ways.

I find the Search Bookshare.org site confusing and
cluttered and difficult--and it doesn't yield
everything--and it certainly is misleading to say it
searches the bookshare.org web site, since it doesn't
show what's in process. That line underneath the
space, I think, is going to be changed at some point.

I used to use the Advanced Search, but with the first
or second bookshare site update, that got left behind
somehow and books that showed up in the simple search,
i.e., the Search Title or Author, didn't show up
there.

Here are the steps I now fo through.

Search For Title or Author (I'm usually pretty lucky
here, now, as long as I log in first).

Then Browse Authors if I know the author. If I just
know the title, I'll try Advanced Search.

Lastly, I'll try the Search Bookshare.org space and
click on the various choices within, but they aren't
very helpful.

Big Sigh.

G.Cindy

at