[bksvol-discuss] submittee Visions of Infamy

  • From: Jim Baugh <jim.baugh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 11:36:04 -0400

Just submitted Visions of Infamy by William H. Honan. It was on the wish list.

From the back cover

In the tradition of Gordon Prange's best-selling /At Dawn We Slept, /a | major work that sheds new light on the road to Pearl Harbor and alters the course of twentieth-century naval history.

*Acclaim for /Visions of Infamy:/*

"At long last a full, fascinating and accurate account of Hector By water, the man who foresaw in detail the war between Japan and the United States twenty years before Pearl Harbor. I recommend this stranger-than-fiction tale to all World War II buffs." —John Toland, author of the Pulitzer Prize-winning /The Rising Sun/

"Hector By water's life was so colorful and mysterious that it reads at times like an old-style spy thriller. /Visions of Infamy /is a highly readable I account of one of the most fascinating and least known figures in naval history."

—Ronald Spector, author of/ Eagle Against the Sun, /and former Director of Naval History of the U.S. Navy Department