[bksvol-discuss] Re: submitted Victoria

  • From: "David Carter" <dhcarter1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 13:02:48 -0500

Regarding words containing spaces:

I wonder if the spaces could be missing hyphens. I've found that, sometimes, hyphens are not recognized when converting the image to text. To see if this is what's happening, under tools/reading, set line endings to be respected by the editor. Then check the book to see if the breaks are at the ends of lines. If so, often playing with the brightness setting will help in the OCR engine's ability to pick up the hyphens. Using the optimize scan function is a good place to start, but I've found raising or lowering the brightness setting from that recommended by K1000 will sometimes give better results.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bud Schwab" <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>