[bksvol-discuss] Re: submitted Falling in Place

  • From: Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 08:29:41 -0700

It makes sense to me. I always work on a book as I scan it and makes corrections as I find them. If a book doesn't scan well and I can't fix it I usually just don't send it in.

Bud
At 11:01 PM 7/12/2005, you wrote:
Hi, Bud. I think they like for us to give a rating to our books to give
validators an idea of what they may be in for. *smile* Of course, sure, we
could be inaccurate, or we could say it was an excellent scan when it might
have been terrible, but I don't think most of us would do that. *smile* I
know, when I validate, I often look at the ratings on the book before
deciding if I really want to tackle it. Now, I really prefer submitting,
especially when it's something I want to read, anyway, but when I did
validate, that was a deciding factor for me, besides the submitter. Those
who usually submit really good books can usually be expected to put out
really good scans, while those who habitually submit fair scans tend to have
their submissions sit up there longer, waiting for a validator who has the
time to give the book enough attention to make it better, or the book just
gets rejected, or even worse sometimes, I think, makes it into the
collection almost unreadable sometimes. I don't think that's been happening
very often though lately, fortunately! Anyway, I hope my ramblings are
making sense. Take care.
Julie Morales
inlovewithchrist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows/MSN Messenger (but not email):