[bksvol-discuss] Re: submitted 36 books today

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 23:33:25 -0700 (PDT)

Lissi,

The only thing I know to do is to hold the book down
with your hand fairly hard but not so hard that you
might break the glass. If there's a hard binding,
press it so the book is as flat as can be.
Unfortunately, if the page is fairly wide, pressing
the book at the binding can leave the edges not
pressed hard enough.   This is why some words or parts
or words or lines are missing in some books -- because
people don't press the binding or pages down.

Cindy