[bksvol-discuss] submitted

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 17:58:51 -0600

I submitted "Right to Die" a Nero Wolfe novel by Rex Stout today. It is 182 pages long and edited. I think it only has a few mistakes in it that i couldn't fix without help from the print book which I had to return too soon. I hope someone would like to validate it.

In case anyone is interested, the book was uploaded with the assistence of JAWS version 7 and the firefox version 1.5 browser. I had no trouble what so ever with the submit page and found that the browse button was even announced while I was in forms mode. All the JAWS features that work in Internet Explorer seem to work just the same with firefox.

Later I found one bug, though. Shift-Enter only works to open a link in a new page if you tab to the link. If you just arrow to the link and hit Shift-Enter you will open whatever link you last tabbed to. I guess some issues are to be expected with the first try at accessiblity in a product. Firefox 1.5 isn't even publically released yet. It's basically still in beta, though it seems to function just fine.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
Assistive Technology Trainer
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity