[bksvol-discuss] Re: submitted

  • From: "Merrill Louise" <STARBASEWILDGOOSE@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 21:51:10 -0400

Cindy, there might have been treasure. The Squaw Island story sounds sort of
like that. I was very young so it was very scary when the youngest, a girl,
started counting her steps and discovered it took fewer and fewer to get to
the water's edge. It took her a while to convince her older, wiser brothers
that there was a big problem. I may have run across the book later in
Talking Book form. The first time, it was read to me. The only thing I know
for sure is it's not Island of the Blue Dolphin--a great book, but very
scary and sad. Thanks for trying to come up with a title.
Merrill Louise, Pastor
The Judson Fellowship
Jamestown, New York
cell/office 716.969.2840
"With all my heart   I praise the Lord, and I am glad because of God my
Savior. (Luke 1:46-47)