[bksvol-discuss] Re: still more errors I'm finding and need to ask about

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 16:53:38 -0700

Hi Jamie,

        I would definitely fix hyphens where they shouldn't be.  And if
you're worried that something isn't right, you're likely right.  Trust your
knowledge of how the English language works, and your intuition about
dialogue and I think you'll do swimmingly.

Also, if settings aren't set correctly in the OCR software, words that were
originally split on two lines won't have the connecting hyphens removed.
It's definitely okay, in my opinion to remove improperly placed hyphens
unless they reflect some sort of dialogue.

Just my opinion.

Mayrie