[bksvol-discuss] standards debate

  • From: "Kyrath. (AKA Rob)" <kyrath@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "BksVol Discuss" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 11:02:16 -0500

I have withheld from getting involved in this debate because, frankly, I
receive more than enough email as it is.

As it has been mentioned before, policies are the province of Bookshare and
their directors.  Given this fact, perhaps it is time that we dropped the
contentious debate and respectfully adhere to whatever policies Bookshare
chooses to implement.

After all, we are supposedly volunteers.  Voicing suggestions and opinions from
time to time are suitable and healthy.  However, it seems that we have crossed
the line of suggesting ideas and opinions to nearly demanding Bookshare adopt a
particular perspective, or else.

I'm aware that a few people have unsubscribed from the list due to the semi
consistent bickering.  In fact, I have come quite close to doing so myself a
couple of times this past week.  If some of the energy spent on this list were
to be redirected into validating, the beneficiary would be the Bookshare
community.

**Note:
Hopefully, the above message conveys a sense of neutrality.  By no means do I
desire to add fuel to the fire.

I do have a very defined position in this debate.  However, I have not, and
will not take part in the contentious discussion.

Respectfully,
-- Rob