[bksvol-discuss] Re: spelling checkers

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 14:54:31 -0500

Someone may want to mention this to the submitter. In the end, it becomes a task the validator either does or does not do before approval. If not done, miss-spellings and 1 for I and so forth end up producing books of inferior quality. It may not be the

Unfortunately, it falls to step 2 validating to catch what step 1 submitting does not else let through poor quality books. I personally think we need to make spelling a requirement for step 2 and raise the rate validators get for books. But spell checking really needs to be formally included somewhere somehow just to prevent poorly spelled books to get into the collection. I know some folks waive this spelling idea in the case of "light" romances but I just think spelling errors makes us come across as shoddy.

I have been striving to be less judgmental but it is tricky.  grin

from a fanatical rank spell user
E.