[bksvol-discuss] spellchecking World at Arms

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 16:45:09 -0700 (PDT)

Dan,

The one thing you do not mention trying is validating
without the spell-checked running in the background. I
guess I didn't make my points clear enough, or I
wasn't convincing enough.

If you're willing to try once again, please try
turning off the spell-check when you validate. Don't
worry about misspelled words, which are probably names
of people and places. If that speeds things up and
makes validating more pleasurable for you, when you
have finished validating, save the file as rtf and
close. Then open the rtf file and run a spellcheck.
When it gives you a word, and you check it and it's
spelled correctly, click ignore all.

With a large book the spellcheck will take a little
time, but it will go faster as more and more words are
ignored.

Cindy