[bksvol-discuss] some book requests

  • From: Shayla Parker <shayla@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 21:11:24 -0400

Evening,

I have a few requests for those of you with library access.

The first, an the one I would love to read the most is The Hallowed Hunt by Lois Mcmaster Bujold. It's the third book in a series by this brilliant author, just out in May. Probably not in libraries yet, but I know there are other Bujold fans on this list, so perhaps one of you has it?

Also, Tam Lin by Pamela Dean. This is a wonderful book about the invasion of faerie into college life. People keep telling me to read it.

Last, if someone could rescan Winter Rose by Patricia McKillip, I would be eternally grateful. It's rated fair now, and I could understand just enough of this book to know I really want to read it. She writes like I wish I could--evocative and crisp and stunning.

I would validate any of these, of course. Any takers?
shayla

Gently they go, the beautiful, the tender, the kind;
Quietly they go, the intelligent, the witty, the brave.
I know. But I do not approve.
And I am not resigned.

-- 'Dirge Without Music', Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ring the bells that still can ring,
forget your perfect offering,
there is a crack in everything,
that's how the light gets in.