[bksvol-discuss] Re: soft page breaks

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 17:57:23 -0700

Hi Cindy,

    The bookshare tools completely ignore soft page breaks.  It shouldn't do
anything to the page numbering sequence if the proofreader has been careful
only to number pages deliniated by hard page breaks.  If the proofreader,
for instance, puts a page number after a soft page break, then there will be
a stray number in the text of the book, and the pages following will be off
by one.  It's simplest, in my opinion just to increase the paper size and
make the soft page breaks disappear.  Then there's no worrying at all.

Mayrie

  _____

From: Melissa Smith <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: now soft vs hard page breaks was New and a
couple questions
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, July 3, 2009, 5:22 AM

How do you determine what is a hard or soft page break? I'm using Microsoft
Word XP and WindowEyes 7.1 to do my proof reading.
Thanks,

Melissa

Jamie Yates wrote:
> Hi Melissa and welcome! I would add that you want to make sure that the
extra page breaks are true page breaks and not soft page breaks that don't
count. If you had a real page break and a soft page break next to each
other, and you deleted the true one, thinking the soft page break was the
real one and the real one the extra one, now you wouldn't have enough page
breaks.

<http://www.michrxtech.com/books.html>