[bksvol-discuss] Re: soft page breaks

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 23:54:11 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks van and Mayrie

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List:

--- On Fri, 7/3/09, EVAN REESE <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: EVAN REESE <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: soft page breaks
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, July 3, 2009, 8:18 PM

The Bookshare tools don't "get rid" of soft page
breaks because they aren't actually in the rtf file. They are simply artifacts
that word displays when the page size is too short between hard page
breaks. The hard page break is an actual character in the rtf file that the
Bookshare software can see and count. The soft page break that Word shows is
not. Not having soft page breaks  doesn't do anything to the page numbering
because only hard page breaks count. So if the page numbers and hard page
breaks
match up, the page numbering is accurate.

Evan

Date: Friday, July 3, 2009, 5:22
          AM

          How do you determine what is a hard or soft page
          break? I'm using Microsoft Word XP and WindowEyes 7.1 to do my proof
          reading.
Thanks,

Melissa

Jamie Yates
          wrote:
> Hi Melissa and welcome! I would add that you want to
          make sure that the extra page breaks are true page breaks and not
soft
          page breaks that don't count. If you had a real page break and a soft
          page break next to each other, and you deleted the true one, thinking
          the soft page break was the real one and the real one the extra one,
          now you wouldn't have enough page breaks.

> --
          Jamie in Michigan
> Currently Reading: The Curse of the
          Spellmans by Lisa Lutz
> See everything I've read this year at:
          www.michrxtech.com/books.html <http://www.michrxtech.com/books.html>
put
          the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line.  To get a
          subject
line.