[bksvol-discuss] Re: smart quotes

  • From: "Jackie McBride" <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 14:36:06 -0700

Sue:

I can't provide a precise keystroke cuz I don't know if you're using a
laptop, desktop, or hybrid layout.  The sayCharacter is a jaws key,
usually numpad 5 on a desktop pc or jaws key+comma on a laptop. The
1st time it's pressed, it tells u what character your cursor is on;
the 2nd, it gives u a phonetic representation, e.g., if the character
is a, the phonetic representation is alpha--& the 3rd press gives u
the ascii representation of the character.

HTH.

Jackie McBride
& Check out my homepage at:
www.abletec.serverheaven.net