[bksvol-discuss] Re: sci-fi request

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 09:28:28 -0500

The City of Gold and Lead is on Bookshare with 5 other titles by John
Christopher.
A 7th title is available on Web Braille.

Guido D. Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
IBM Research,
Phone:  (512) 838-9735
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Visit my weekly Accessibility WebLog at:
http://www-3.ibm.com/able/weblog/corona_weblog.html

"Kellie Hartmann" <kellhart@xxxxxxxxxx>
05/11/2004 10:45 PM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] sci-fi request

Hi all,
When I was in fifth grade I read a book called "The City of Gold and
Lead."
At the time I read it with a sort of horrified fascination, and I never
forgot about it. Recently I learned that this book is actually the second
of
a trilogy, and I think the author was John D. Christopher, though I could
be
wrong. Anyway, I searched and I know Bookshare doesn't have them, and I
would be interested in reading the trilogy now.
The books are about an invasion of Earth by some aliens and the human
underground, mostly made up of teenagers,  infiltrating the cities of
these
aliens, called The Masters. Wow, and I remember that much from fifth
grade!
<lol>
Anyway, I wondered if any of my fellow sci-fi fans would have these books,
which I think are considered classics to some extent, or wouldn't mind
scanning them.
Thanks,
Kellie