[bksvol-discuss] scanning books and question about page breaks

Dear volunteer list,
It has been a few years since I have been on this list and have proofread for
Bookshare. I am also interested in scanning some books that I have purchased
and would like to contribute to the Bookshare collection.
I am using a BrailleConnect 32 when proofreading with Jaws and Microsoft Word
on my computer. Is there a way to get a Braille display to show page breaks.
After entering the \012 in the Jaws dictionary, Jaws now consistently announces
the page breaks. It would be nice if my Braille display could show them as
well. Is it still necessary to have a blank line followed by a page break
followed by a blank line?
When scanning books, it seems that both pages do not fit on the scanner most of
the time. It is hard to get the page lined up perfectly and to hold the other
pages in a way so that they will not be accidentally scanned. I have tried
using a Cano scanner and one that is part of my Hp printer. It seems that
removing a book cover and binding would be the best way to ensure quicker and
better scans. Has anyone done this? Would it be better to take the books
somewhere to have the spines cut? If that is not a good option, what scanners
do you use that would allow one to lay a book completely flat to scan two pages
at the same time? So far, I have just tried scanning paperback books.

Chanelle