[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanning

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 12:52:11 -0500

Hi Reggie,

Our local libraries here in Wisconsin have what they call a "walking books" program for people who are disabled that is free. They match you with a volunteer who will bring books directly to your house and will pick them up as well. My mother has this same service where she lives in Michigan. Call your local library and ask. Even if they don't have such a program, they might be willing to start one. smile.

Judy s.
On 7/26/2012 7:05 AM, Regina Alvarado wrote:
I am really considering trying to scan.  I have only scanned a couple of
times.  Can I scan in Word properly? Do libraries send out books to the
house? I will ask my sister-in-law to keep an eye out for old books, but if
we buy them before I check, that will be difficult too.  I am totally blind
and would need to pay ADA to get to a library or even to a bookshop.  Any
other ideas on how to procure books without the wonderful liberty of a car?
Rambling I know.  I do not even know if we have the room for me to scan
here, but I know we need scanners, and I feel the need to step up! Won't be
as good as Evan, Larry, Mary, et al., but I sure can try!
Reggie