[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanners

  • From: Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 08:22:46 -0700

Hi Carlos,

I recently purchased an Epson 4490 scanner which I like very much. It runs very quiet but probably isn't quite as fast as the Epson 3170 that I previously had. I don't know how fast your current scanner is but this one seems to take about 14 or15 seconds to make one scan. Hope this helps.

Bud
At 06:11 AM 9/4/2006, you wrote:
I'm considering the purchase of a new scanner.  Currently, I'm using an hp5p
flat bed scanner.  I've used Epson scanners at work and they seem to be
quite good.  Since I'll be scanning books with this new scanner, I'm not
only concerned with quality, but I want a scanner with decent speed.  Has
anyone made a recent scanner purchase?  Is there a scanner that is generally
recommended these days?  Thanks for any suggestions you can send my way.

 Carlos and Seeing Eye Dog Derek

http://www.eset.com

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P