[bksvol-discuss] scanner question

  • From: "Lisa Leonardi" <lml5280@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 16:28:24 -0500

Hi, all.

I know it's been awhile since I last wrote; I've been monitoring the list, but
there have been some changes in my life, and I haven't been able to have much
time for correspondence.

I do have a question. I was trying to scan something today, and when I turn on
my scanner, it makes a weird clicking sound. The computer recognizes that the
scanner has been turned on, and it makes the usual sound it makes when it
starts up, but along with that there is a clicking sound. Also, if I go to scan
something, it sounds like it's trying but also makes the clicking sound, and
then I get an error saying that the scanner is not responding.
Anyone ever hear of this and is this something minor that can be fixed? I
checked all cables and cords and everything is connected properly. Any help
would be appreciated. I'm hoping it is something minor so I don't end up having
to try to get a new one.

Lisa