[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanner

  • From: "Katie Star" <kaitlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 12:50:30 -0700

HI Laura Ann,

In general the Epson scanners are very popular with people on the list. I
originally got a Canon RD2080C but it is a ADF only. I love the scanner but
ended up looking for a flat bed also. One scanner which is rather new but is
a little more money than some of the Epson's is the Opticbook 3600 which is
a flat bed scanner with a book edge. There has been a lot of discussion on
this scanner on the Kurzweil list. IT can get a 99 plus recognition rate
consistently and does a page every 4 seconds. You can get it for about $250
a number of places online.

IN general the opinion is to stay away from the all in one scanners since
they can be persnickety.

Katie Hill

Expand your wealth at: www.838gold.com

"Come to the edge"