[bksvol-discuss] Re: reward for upgrading software

  • From: Noel Romey <ner@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 20:01:28 -0500

How could one varify what version of software they were using?  I could for
example say I was using k1k v10 where in theory I might have v8.  What is
Gestavo going to do, come to my house, and be the version police and check
my computer to see if I have the right version so he can give me a million
dollars in credit and in the process and as extra payment, square dance with
me and my dog?  Also, how do we know that a book's quality can be improved
only with the upgrading of said software.  For instance, if I'm readin g a
book, and Gestavo comes up to me and accidentally drops an ice cream cone on
my ook I've got open, kurzewil v13 won't help the scanning accuracy.  It's
true that an increase in software version could possibly help and make the
process quicker to validate, but in my opinion the way you scan something
either makes or breaks the scan, not the software version.

Just my 2 cents.

Ner