[bksvol-discuss] Re: revised and updated books-being-scanned list, 8/28/09

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 00:37:48 -0400

I like to look at other people's lists of books they have read, so I started
keeping my own several years ago. Recently I found a site called
bookarmy.com but I suspect it is unfriendly to speech or a braille
display in the way you rate books because you type the book or beginning of
the title of the book into a box and a hovering box (I don't know what
they're called or perhaps I do but I'm too tired to think right now) appears
and you have to click the title from that hovering box. I am not sure how
this would work with speech. But then once you click the title, then you go
over and click how many stars you rate the book. Later they will list people
who also liked or read a book you liked. Then I like to click on their name
and see what books they like, to find new books I might want to read. Not
that I am ever without books I want to read, of course. I have given up
believing that I will live long enough to read all of my books so I've kind
of given up buying used books to read and just check them out at the library
now.

--
Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading: Last Look by Mariah Stewart