[bksvol-discuss] Re: resubmitting a book

I can only tell you the way I did it in the past, I don't know if it is according to Hoyle or not.
I downloaded the daisy format of the book.
When I unpacked it I had the unpack tool create a html version.
I loaded that html version in Internet Explorer, where I saved it as a RTF file.
I closed IE, loaded the RTF file in Wordpad, got rid of all the Bookshare stuff at the top, and then edited the book.
When done editing, I resubmitted it as a RTF file making sure to note in the comment field that it was an improved edit of the copy already on Bookshare.

Dave

At 01:52 PM 5/21/2004, you wrote:

If one downloads a book that is already on Bookshare and would like to
improve the quality, do they have to locate a print copy of the book and
rescan it in order to put a better copy of the book on Bookshare?  If not,
how can they resubmit the book which apparently already has their particular
digital fingerprint and/or watermark in  the copy of the book when it was
downloaded and unpacked?