[bksvol-discuss] Re: resubmitting a book

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 13:10:27 -0500

Louise,  I have reworked several books already in the collection by
stripping the initial Bookshare riot-act, editing the rtf-converted file,
then resubmitting the result as RTF.  Yes,  I suspect that file may have
ended up with duplicate watermarks.  Perhaps Jesse, Gustavo or Peter can
comment on this matter.

Guido D. Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
IBM Research,
Phone:  (512) 838-9735
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Visit my weekly Accessibility WebLog at:

"Louise" <lougou@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
05/21/2004 12:52 PM
Please respond to

[bksvol-discuss] Re: resubmitting a book

If one downloads a book that is already on Bookshare and would like to
improve the quality, do they have to locate a print copy of the book and
rescan it in order to put a better copy of the book on Bookshare?  If not,
how can they resubmit the book which apparently already has their
digital fingerprint and/or watermark in  the copy of the book when it was
downloaded and unpacked?