[bksvol-discuss] Re: resigning from the volunteer list

  • From: Rik James <rixmix2009@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 12:36:30 -0600

I wrote to E. privately also, and just hoped she would come back. I tend to do
a lot of bulk deleting, and really only check the messages on the days or weeks
when I am in full Bookshare throttle. And days when I am too busy with other
stuff, I just have to save time and clear out my Inbox.

So suffice to say, I have no clue about E.s posts or whatever. But knowing over
the years all she has done to help, I feel like we all have just experienced a
loss in our community. I cannot say any right or wrong.  Maybe just all can
have a cool off period and she will come back. She has been so much a part of
our shared work at Bookshare.    And we do owe her a debt of gratitude,
whatever our future looks like.

I hope in sum we may all have tolerance.
If I ever say something on this list that any on the list finds a problem with,
I hope they will feel that they may communicate with me directly.
I have had over the years with email come to realize sometimes a quick pounce
on the keyboard may leap right back up on me. And then, after the fact, not
much to be done. It seemed E. was not exactly sure of her offense. But maybe I
read that incorrectly. .

That's my two cents.
Put another nickel in the juke box.

That said, I hope you all have a good day and keep up your good works and have
a smile on your horizon today, too.
I think Bookshare is an amazing thing. And our diverse community of volunteers,
also a thing I treasure.

I may just have a problem I need to solve soon. So be ready! [chuckle]

Thanks
Rik James

          From: E. <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Subject: [bksvol-discuss] resigning from the volunteer list
          To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
          Date: Tuesday, September 8, 2009, 4:54 PM

          I have been a member of this list pretty much continuously since 2003.

          Pavi just sent me a note saying she had received feedback regarding
messages I have recently sent to the list which some other volunteers have
judged to be inappropriate.

          This is kind of personal I know. What is appropriate for one person
may not be for another.
          Rather than unintentionally offending anybody, I am resigning from
the volunteer list.
          Elizabeth
          who often signs myself as E.
list of available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject line.