[bksvol-discuss] Re: request of submitters

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 19:54:32 EDT

I wonder if it is appropriate to report a jiffy proofer when he gets someone
else's book. Two days ago there was a book on the download list that had been
there several months and I had my eye on it. Last night I noticed that it was
on the new additions list. That was a quick turn around so I suspected who the
proofreader might be. I clicked the link to the metadata and sure enough it
was listed as having been proofread by NW. That is, Nick Wilcox got another
one.

                  "Philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various
ways; the point is to change it." Karl Marx

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: request of submitters
Date:
3/21/2009 7:40:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
mbeasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Hi, List.  Skeptic here.

The "jiffy proofreaders" won't be stopped unless someone reports them to

that "volunteer@bookshare" or whatever address EVERY TIME they "jiffy proof"

a book.  And then, as Pavi said, first they'll get a letter, next perhaps
some

credits deducted. It's going to take some heavy-duty reporting on them to get

them truly "outta here" for good.

Speaking of "outta here," has anyone had a problem with a "downloader and

releaser" with the initials PM who just seems to be building her own little
library

off of other people's "Holds"?  I did, reported it, and I don't see anyone
complaining

about her, so maybe she's okay now.

But, again, I stress that the "jiffy proofreaders" need to be reported each
and

every time to get any results at all.

I wish you Good Luck,

Sincerely,

Marilyn

On Mar 21, 2009, at 7:29 PM,
Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
 wrote:

block quote
It seems to be working, but I am still concerned about depriving the off-list
responsible proofreaders. I hope that somehow the two jiffy proofers can
either
be stopped or convinced to become responsible.

                "Philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various
ways; the point is to change it." Karl Marx

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: request of submitters
Date:
3/21/2009 6:09:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Well, so far "hold for reader" (and I have seen other submitters doing this
too) has kept the person who was taking all of the books I submitted and then
just checking them back in, from taking those books. So that person is
obviously not on the volunteer list. It seems to be working.
--
Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading: Witnesses of War by Nicholas Stargardt

A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps! (
http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220863691x1201421954/aol?redir=http:%
2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID%3D62%
26bcd%3DMarchfooterNO62)
block quote end