[bksvol-discuss] Re: renewing books you're validating

  • From: "Rose Combs" <rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 20:31:10 -0700

The book was not in bad shape actually, I spent a lot of time checking
the terminology which was fine.  The problem was a lot of extraneous
hyphens and end-of line characters and some tables I just did not cope
with well.

So far as I could see there were very few scanning errors, what made
this a challenge in addition to the above is all the references sited
with names you had to ignore, and of course I could not tell if there
were scanning errors in that, but the text seemed very good, after I
screwed up and removed all hyphens, I had to go back through and return
many of them, so some of the problems I had I managed to create for
myself.

On the one hand I was tempted to just verify the copyright info was
present and run through to make sure pages were present, it was
readable, except for those tables and they could have been skipped
easily enough.  I really did not find the terminology was messed up
except for those hyphens, the ones originally there and the ones I
removed and had to replace.

Anyway it was mostly my trying to fix something and breaking it that
took me so long with the text.

Rose Combs
rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx