[bksvol-discuss] removing dashes with macros

  • From: "Cheryl Fogle" <cfogle@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 18:34:11 -0600

Hi.  The discussion about macros makes me think there might be a way to remove
dashes between words when they are split between lines.  Simply doing a find
and replace for the dash won't catch it because of the hard line break.  I have
used the spell checker to find some of these split words when they look like
mistakes and I fix them manually.  Only after spell checking do I read through
and remove the ones spell check didn't catch because the dashes slow my reading
either with jaws or in Braille with the Braillenote.  Are there any less time
consuming solutions to this annoyance?  I don't know computer programming to
create a macro. Thanks.

Cheryl Fogle MA
Ph.D. candidate in Anthropology, University of New Mexico