[bksvol-discuss] Re: reminder about re-submits of books

  • From: Elizabeth and Burton <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 14:09:24 -0500

Thank you.

E.
At 09:47 AM 1/7/2007, you wrote:
Elizabeth,

That is esentially correct.  Word does not support DAISY files at this time,
and we know of no project that will bring DAISY reading capability to
Microsoft Word.  As Gerald mentioned, HTML, as a file format, does not
support page break capability and, thus,  cannot carry over any page breaks
to Microsoft Word.  The resulting file from Microsoft Word, therefore, will
not have correct pagination.

At this time, Kurzweil is the only readily available software that will take
a DAISY book and allow conversion to RTF.

Pratik