[bksvol-discuss] rejecting books

  • From: "Lisa Leonardi" <lml5280@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 12:03:27 -0600

Hey, guys.  It's clear that everyone has an opinion on this whole book
rejecting issue.  I see both sides.  I understand that some of you think page
breaks are necessary because it is needed for navigation purposes and some of
you don't need the page breaks.
While it's a nice concept to be able to reject these books and have them
rescanned, it isn't very practical.  I have encountered many of these
particular books and they are good books with some cleaning up.  If a book is
unreadable, then we should reject it.  But I think that until we hear from the
powers that be on this page break issue, we should wait before we start
rejecting all of these submissions.  I would really hate for a mass rejection
to happen and then only to hear that these books could have been part of the
collection.

Lisa