[bksvol-discuss] Re: rejecting a book

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 06:36:01 -0400

Bob I do know that the books I reject tend to be from people who make the same kinds of misstakes over and over again. If my comments are not forwarded to them, I have no idea how they will learn to submit acceptable scans in future.

I doubt folks are so thin skinned that they prefer no reason at all for a reject to a plausible well written explanation for the reject. Apparently staff for now has decided otherwise. I had no idea this was going on by the way. What a shame!

E.

At 06:20 AM 10/30/2007, you wrote:
It would be helpful to validators if an email was sent to the validator who uploaded a rejected book stating that a book was rejected, and giving the reasons for that rejection.

Currently I don't think validators are notified when a book they have uploaded is rejected. Therefore, a validator may think he/she is doing a fine job when, in reality, they are making the same mistake over and over.

Bob