[bksvol-discuss] Re: rejected "Flash Flood" by Diann Mills

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 17:46:37 -0400

What are you using to validate books? I mean are you using Word, or k1000 or what? What you use tells us what tools you have. k1000 has a wonderful set of tools for dealing with scanning errors.

Please let us know what kind of scanning erros you are encountering. Many can be fixed with careful use of find and replace commands. For instance cornmand can be replaced by command and cornputer with computer. "1 have" can be replaced with "I have" and so on. Often something which seems littered with error can be cleaned.

The kind of errors and scanning problems which are much more troublesome to fix are repeated cutting off of ends and beginnings of lines while scanning.

E.

At 05:45 PM 6/7/2006, you wrote:

Wow! there are tools that will actually handle those kind of probloems? Ok, one more ticki mark on the wall of things to handle differently.

Thanks for the ensight.

Dan Beaver
IBM Global Services Lexington
outside: 1-859-243-3411
tie-line: 8-545-3411

"E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent by: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

06/07/2006 05:32 PM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: rejected "Flash Flood" by Diann Mills

Please, if you find a book like that with a lot of scano typing errors, put it back on step 1. A lot of correcting can be done on just those kinds of errors with k1000. You may want to talk about your reasons for rejecting a book on this list before actually rejecting it. Then, you may find you can release certain books for others to work on who have access to tools you may not have.

E.