[bksvol-discuss] Re: recurring scanning flaw

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 13:43:55 -0500

Because a "m dash" is the length of the letter M, while a "n dash" is the
half of that or the length of a letter N.

That is why, smile.

Other programs and synthesizers call them different things as well.

Viavoice calls them M dashes, while ATT naturals just call them a "long
dash" or just plain old dash.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council