[bksvol-discuss] Re: recognition problem will be fixed

  • From: "Jackie McBride" <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 15:42:52 -0700

I hope u don't end up payin more for the repair than the scanner's
worth. I'm afraid that might well be the case. The scanner's old,
Julia. I don't even think it supports the USB II standard, which, as I
explained, is about 40 times faster than USB1. U should check the
price of the repair, then of a new scanner.

On 9/18/08, Julia Kulak <julia.kulak@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi everyone. I'm temporarily out of scanning commission, but my techie
> friends and I have reached the conclusion that after a long and happy
> productive service my seven year old hp scanjet 7400c is getting worn out.
> Apparently there is a part on the scanner called a head, and it is
> responsible for being aligned on the glass in a position that is best for
> the camera to take an image of the page. This head, is now, as of two weeks
> ago, not quite lining up for some pages, thus Kurzweil gets a rather bad
> image of the page. So, my scanner will be going in for repairs, just as soon
> as I know where to send it to.  Just thought I'd keep you informed.
> Julia

Change the world--1 deed at a time
Jackie McBride
Check out my homepage at: