[bksvol-discuss] recognition problem will be fixed

  • From: "Julia Kulak" <julia.kulak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 17:26:03 -0400

Hi everyone. I'm temporarily out of scanning commission, but my techie friends and I have reached the conclusion that after a long and happy productive service my seven year old hp scanjet 7400c is getting worn out. Apparently there is a part on the scanner called a head, and it is responsible for being aligned on the glass in a position that is best for the camera to take an image of the page. This head, is now, as of two weeks ago, not quite lining up for some pages, thus Kurzweil gets a rather bad image of the page. So, my scanner will be going in for repairs, just as soon as I know where to send it to. Just thought I'd keep you informed. Julia