[bksvol-discuss] recently submitted

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <hart0421@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 03:09:57 -0500

Hi  all,
I recently submitted "Fiddler's Green, or A Wedding, A Ball, and the Singular
Adventure of Sundry Moss" by Van Reid.
If you like books with gentle humor, dry wit, and insight into human nature you
might like this one. This author writes about Maine around the turn of the 20th
century. Although Fiddler's Green is fifth in a series, it could be read
independently--I started with the fourth in this series and it made sense. You
have to like very dry laconic Yankee humor to enjoy this book, and some people
might consider these books boring but I very much enjoy them. I'm going to try
to get the first book in this series from my library soon so I can submit it.
Enjoy,
Kellie