[bksvol-discuss] Re: reading a .brf book

  • From: "Chela Robles" <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 10:38:19 -0700

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Nancy Martin
  To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, June 13, 2009 4:24 AM
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] reading a .brf book

  Hi everyone,
  I downloaded several .brf books from Bookshare but can't read them.

  From the context menu I choose "open with compressed zip folder".  I give my
password, then I'm placed in a download situation where I'm asked if I want to
open or cancel this file.  Selecting open gets me that message about Windows
doesn't know what program to use to open this kind of file.  Going online to
look gets me nowhere and I can't figure out what program to choose from a list.
 I was under the impression that all I needed was a braille display but no
special software.  Besides that, I thought the book was already downloaded.
Why am I shown a download box?  I'd appreciate any help from anyone who uses
this format and a braille display.
  thanks much,
  Nancy Martin
  Oklahoma