[bksvol-discuss] Re: reading 1776

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <geraldhovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 18:26:51 -0500

Cindy,

The page number needs to be left on the same line as the header.  Otherwise,
the page number is no longer part of the same paragraph as the header, and
the Stripper will not be able to do it's job properly.  Remember that the
Stripper's main job is to recognize page numbers and substitute DAISY tags
to aid in navigation through the DAISY book.

If you look back through the validation instructions sent out when you
became a volunteer, or in your case Cindy, possibly the validation
instructions that Janice sent out a month or two back as a reminder for the
list, you'll find the following step in cleaning up headers/footers.

Check that page numbers should have a space on either side,
separating them from the header/footer text. If the page number is
the first character in a header it does not need a space before it; or if
it is the last character in a footer it does not need a space after it.

Also, if page numbers appear in the headers, then simply placing the correct
page number at the top of pages where chapters begin will keep the Stripper
happy and prevent it from stripping the chapter heading.

HTH

Gerald