[bksvol-discuss] Re: reading 1776

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 12:27:47 -0500

Hi Kaitlyn,
DAISY players are not just hardware devices. Daisy players are made for the PC as well. Having BookShare create anything other than specialized formats would be a violation of the Chafey amendment, so don't count on it happening. DAISY and BRF are the two electronic formats that I know of that are considered specialized.

Does this mean I think an unstripped version of the books shouldn't be included or available? No, but it will have to be in DAISY or BRF format.

Jake
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kaitlyn Hill" <Kaitlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>