[bksvol-discuss] Re: reading 1776

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 06:52:54 -0400 (EDT)

Yes, it also reminds me of my last years with CompuServe when we were
trying to justify a system which time and technology had rendered
obsolete!
        I realize that there are legal issues here, but with the books
requiring unpacking with a password, it would seem to me that BookShare
could offer some sort of raw version of the book either as a stand alone
item or as one of the files in the Daisy package.
For newcomers reading the discussion over the last days, they would likely
conclude that preparing books for submission and subsequent validating
would be a painful gruelling process.
The fact it isn't meant to be; and the validating guidelines don't expect
any of that anyway.