[bksvol-discuss] Re: re3 questions f an old volunteer

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <geraldhovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 00:46:57 -0600

Reggie,

I still haven't gotten Engineering to confirm my guess, but as I mentioned
in the earlier message, I believe The action DONEDONE simply means that the
tools for converting a validation to DAISY and BRF have been run.  This step
appears to be done immediately after a volunteer accepts a submission and
before Gustavo checks the book for approval.  Since only a small percentage
of books are kicked back due to a problem found by Gustavo, volunteers
rarely see the record that the tools were run.  Running the tools appear to
always be recorded as part of a book's history, though, whether we see that
record or not.

So, to answer your question, as I understand it, the DONEDONE is not how
Gustavo finds the problem, but a step between the step where a volunteer
accepts the book and the administrative approval step where Gustavo finds
the problem.

HTH

Gerald