[bksvol-discuss] rank spelling

  • From: "NANCY M HILL" <girlyscream@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 19:12:46 -0400

Hi All,

I have started to feel my way thru rank spelling.  I need help!!

K has tabulated the per centages of correct words and has given me a list of words it thinks I need to review. So far in looking down the list, it seems a number of the words it is concerned about are 'Amish' first and last names.

What I want to do is review the spelling of the word it is presenting for review. One of the names is Jonas...used 1001 times. I know that is the name of the main character. To make sure that Jonas is spelled correctly, I would like to review the way K has it spelled letter by letter. If I find the spelling to be correct, then I would add the word/name to the recognized word list.

Two questions immediately come to mind:

1. How do I read the ranked words letter by letter to check for spelling accuracy? Just because the word sounds right, does not mean that it is spelled correctly.

2. Once I add the word to the recognized word list, do I need to do anything else with it before I go to the next word.

Many thanks for your help.

Nancy