  From: EVAN REESE
  To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 10:13 AM
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: questions please and thank you delete if don't
like how I write.

  Hi Gwen,

  As to the first question, it used to be that scanners could proofread,
(validate), as it used to be called), their own works. However, that was
changed because having a different proofreader can find mistakes that the
original scanner missed. Seeing with fresh eyes, in a manner of speaking. I
know that I have made mistakes in books I submitted that were caught by the
proofreader, so I think this is a good system.

  Not sure I understand your second question, though.

  Evan