[bksvol-discuss] Re: questions for the scanner of Cherry Ames, Mountaineer nurse

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 03:44:39 -0500

Hard page breaks are actual page breaks that tell a program go directly to the
Soft page breaks are microsoft's way of resolving where the next page should
go. If you construct a page of data with 300 lines in it, microsoft will insert
a soft page break when it thinks your printer should change pages. If you
change your printer from letter size paper to legal size paper, your soft page
breaks will change accordingly.

So, don't worry about soft page breaks they are impostors anyway and don't mean
anything.

Now, of course, there are section breaks which are a whole new kettle of fish.
They should be changed to hard page breaks when encountered.

Does that helpp?

Bob
"We know the future will outlast all of us, but I believe that all of us will
live on in the future we make,"
Senator Edward M. Kennedy