[bksvol-discuss] Re: question on marking text

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 10:59:31 -0500

Actually, that is what I am looking for, Lynnsky.  It would be described as
that in the introduction as the replacement/short cut for the blue dot.  I
thought from what Kim said it might be unreadable, but I was hoping for it to
be read like it looks so it could be like in the intro.  I think I will ask a
teacher, though, how it would be best presented in their opinion.  Nichole's
teacher has not had a Braille student  in many years, but is familiar and is
likely to use a book like this in her class.

Sadly, Braille is no longer taught here locally, only at the state boarding
school for the Blind, although it may be taught in Jackson.  And, they are
taking about closing the residential schools for the Blind and Deaf.

Valerie