[bksvol-discuss] Re: question about word

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 13:35:15 -0600

Actually you can use either layout, but normal is often better. If you don't have any problems with print layout view go ahead and use it.

A better idea might be to check the verbocity setting of JAWS. Yes, I know you use braille and in this case verbocity also applies to braille. :-) In Word press Insert-V to bring up the options JAWS has especially for use in Word. I suspect the first item in the list being turned off may do the trick to get rid of the normal indication, since I believe JAWS is only informing you of the formatting style Word is using for displaying the document. That information is contained by the paragraph marks, so announcing it at the beginning of every paragraph would make perfect sense.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
Assistive Technology Trainer
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity
----- Original Message ----- From: "siss52" <siss52@xxxxxxx>