[bksvol-discuss] Re: question about proffing

  • From: Mike <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 17:12:58 -0800

According to the publishers we are all idiots or dummies, but I prefer to think we are all misunderstood geniuses.

Sorry to hear your book choice was not very well scanned. I don't have any fantasy ready to submit immediately, but I have a couple novels, one of which I could have cleaned up by Monday. They are somewhat offbeat fantasy, so you may or may not be interested. They are:

Bring Me the Head of Prince Charming
by Roger Zelazny and Robert Sheckley
People feared, back in the Middle Ages that the world would end with the milenium. Nor were they incorrect. It does this every milenium, only nobody notices--except for the Forces of Good and Evil, who vie for control of the universy every thousand years. "Bring Me the Head of Prince Charming" concerns the efforts of one Azzic Elbub, demon, to win the Milenial Evil Deeds award for the year 1000, given to the being whose acts do the most toward reshaping the world. Azzic's proposal to the Powers of Dark is simple. He will create a Prince Charming and a Sleeping Beauty. In time-honored fairy-tale fashion, the prince will fight his way through numerous perils to reach the side of the spellbound princess--at which point Azzic's evil twist will ensure that the Powers of Dark will win the grand prize. But even with an unlimited satanic credit card to order up any evil he needs, Azzic's plan is in trouble from the beginning...
about 300 pages

Unicorn Mountain
by Michael Bishop
Libby Quarrels is a divorced Colorado rancher near bankruptcy; Bo Gavin is an Atlanta adman with AIDS; Sam Coldpony is a Ute Indian with a vengeful past; his daughter, Paisley, is haunted by her dead mother's ghost. Into the lives of these four fragile human beings comes a species of unicorn as beautiful and mysterious as it is vulnerable. The mythical creatures have come from a faraway place to the majestic Colorado mountains for a specific reason; someone has to do something here, in this world, to save them from a deadly plague that could wipe them out once and for all.
about 400 pages

Misha

On 11/26/2010 8:48 AM, Ann Petrous wrote:
I run jaws 11, and I use Microsoft word 2003. I'm an idiot and didn't
realize or didn't register the question about what editing program I use.
Lol I started proofing Wren's quest, but it needs to be re-scanned because
there was so much jarble, and parts of words, and sentances were cut off,
that none of the sentances made any sense. If there is another fantasy
novel, I could proof read, let me know, until the book is re-scanned.