[bksvol-discuss] Re: question about a scanning error for Easter Lighthouses

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 22:52:17 -0500

Hi Scott!

It might be a fraction perhaps 1 1/4, but fractions scan so poorly that I could be 1/4 or 1/2, but, since there is an s on miles, I guess it was more than 1 mile.

Please give us the whole sentence or check on books.google.com. If the page isn't restricted, you might be able to find the meaning of the scanno if the page isn't just a snippet.

Don't include the scanno in your search string, though, or it will mess up your search.

In case you haven't used this service, search for the book title, then, when you find the right book by hitting a link on it, then enter in the search box after the book title, a space, a plus sign, another space, a quotation mark, search string and closing quotation mark and then perform your search. It will tell you the page your search string is found on and hopefully the text including the correct text for the scanno. I have gotten great results with some searches and others come up empty.

Debby

At 02:26 PM 7/4/2010, Scott Berry wrote
    What does this scanno mean

l'/ miles?