[bksvol-discuss] Re: question

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 23:04:54 -0500

Hi Kim!

You can delete an extraneous page break by just hitting delete on it. I have had to do that a few times, either because there was an extra one or the text on the following page didn't read well until I deleted that page's page break and inserted a new one for some reason.

Also, have you set your page size to legal instead of letter? Perhaps page 10 is a soft page break? I'm not sure. Does it say "page break" then "page 10", or just "page 10"?

Debby

At 10:06 PM 7/4/2010, Kim Friedman wrote
How do you delete a page break if it's extraneous to a document? I'm having
a devil of a time trying to get this thing right. I received a note saying
the file I proofread were missing page breaks. I know how to put them in,
but not how to take them out. My problem is I think I've messed up my
proofread copy of the file and I don't dare mess with the raw file I was
proofreading. This thing is giving me fits because the text is all right and
the way the file is supposed to look is in the following way: 6 prefatory
pages, p. 1, title page, p. 2, contains no text, p. 3, quotations cited, p.
4, contains no text, p. 5 Chapter 1 and text. When the fifth page is there,
MS Word has a page break should say p. 11. Anyway, on print page 3, the page
break ought to read p. 9 and not p. 10. I'm really thrown by this and don't
know what to do. If I haven't made myself clear on this, I'm sorry. The book
I'm working on is an omnibus by Charles de Lint called Jack of Kinrowan
which comprises two novels, Jack the Giant-Killer and Drink Down the Moon.
So I'm having problems with the first novel in the omnibus. I'm stuck and
need help. Regards, Kim.

database 5251 (20100704) __________

http://www.eset.com

mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>